Do you often download files from the internet? If yes, I am sure you may face the following problems:
1. The download takes a long time to complete, especially when the file is large and the internet connection is slow.
2. The internet connection is accidentally interupted when the download is halfway done, and you need to redownload it from the beginning.
3. You want to pause the download and resume it later, but Internet Explorer do not let you do so.
If you face the problems above, you may hate downloading files. But don't worry, these problems can be easily solved. You just need a free software, Download Accelerator Plus. It is a program that you can use to download files. These are the advantages of downloading files using Download Accelerator Plus.
1. It splits a downloading file into 5 parts, then it downloads them at the same time. Therefore, the download speed can be increased to 5 times the original speed.
2. It allows you to pause a download and resume it later.
3. If a download is interupted, Download Accelerator Plus pauses them. You can resume the download after you reconnect the internet.
4. It allows you to preview certain types of files while downloading them.
5. It scans the file for viruses after downloading it.
6. The download is more stable.
NOTE: Most download servers support resume, but a few do not. If a server do not support resume, you can't pause the download and the download speed can't be increased even by using Download Accelerator Plus.
To use Download Accelerator Plus, download it free at http://www.speedbit.com/dap . After downloading, install it on your computer. While installing, select the free version. You can choose not to install SpeedBit Video Accelerator or other softwares that are promoted by Download Accelerator Plus. Set it as your default download manager.
Download Accelerator Plus will run every time you turn on your computer. Whenever you click on a download link, it will display a download dialog box. Click 'Open' if you want to open the file automatically after downloading or click 'Save' if you want to choose where to save the downloaded file. The default saving location is the 'My DAP Downloads' folder in 'My Documents'. To pause a download, open Download Accelerator Plus, select the file, then click 'Pause'. To resume it later, open Download Accelerator Plus, select the file, then click 'Start'. After the download had completed, click 'Open' to open the file.
Besides that, Internet Download Manager is a program similar to Download Accelerator Plus. Unlike Download Accelerator Plus, you may use Internet Download Manager free for only 30 days. If you want to try Internet Download Manager, you can download it at http://www.internetdownloadmanager.com/ . After that, install it on your computer. Set it as your default download manager.
Internet Download Manager will run every time you turn on your computer. Whenever you click on a download link, it will display a download dialog box. Click 'Start Download' to start downloading. The default saving location is the 'Downloads' folder in 'My Documents'. To pause a download, open Internet Download Manager, select the file, then click 'Pause'. To resume it later, open Internet Download Manager, select the file, then click 'Resume'. After the download had completed, click 'Open file' to open the file.
Both Download Accelerator Plus and Internet Download Manager have advantages and disadvantages. Internet Download Manager is faster but is less stable and has lesser funtions compared to Download Accelerator Plus. Some downloads work better with Download Accelerator Plus, while others work better with Internet Download Manager. You can use both of them. However, you can only set one as your default download manager.